Are you looking for a meaningful way to engage with communities and students in Memphis this summer? Do you enjoy interacting with a variety of different people? Clean Memphis is looking for some motivated applicants to teach environmental education and coordinate service projects this summer!
Clean Memphis is a nonprofit organization with a goal of making Memphis a cleaner, greener, and more environmentally sustainable city by educating youth, engaging leadership, and empowering communities. Clean Memphis is seeking passionate and motivated individuals to deliver hands on environmental education programming to students participating in the Shelby County School District’s Summer Learning Academy. Applicants will also have the opportunity to assist with a variety of other service projects and activities that support our overall mission.
- Provide in-class programming to students in the Shelby County School District Summer Learning Academy.
- Prep and maintain education materials.
- Assist with community clean ups and service projects.
What We Require:
- Background in Education, Environmental Science, or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Some experience working with school-age students.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Organized with the ability to coordinate volunteers, projects, and education supplies.
- Creative and flexible.
- Ability to work with a variety of different people in a small fast-paced organization.
- Energetic and enthusiastic attitude.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Availability for some weekend work.
The position begins June 1st and ends July 27th. This is a full-time position. Pay will be $15/hour and mileage will be reimbursed at $0.55/mile. To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to Janet Boscarino at firstname.lastname@example.org.